A group of internet artists from all over the place who have decided to give each other a challenge every few weeks, on a theme chosen by each in turn. We have different ideas and styles, but share a love of textiles, and want to have some fun.


Sunday 24 February 2013

GOING FOR GOLD - FOR REFLECTIONS

I finished this piece ages ago and it has stayed motionless on the computer.  I am a terrible blogger but have got round to it at last.  It is an experiment with Symmetry and uses some of the 17 Rules.  The swimmers are mirrored and the background is based on selections from the central piece.  It was part of a series on the 2012 Olympic Games - unfortunately, swimming was not one of our success stories!

Most of this piece was computer designed and printed onto TP.  It was then free machine quilted.

(The previous two pieces are to come.  Again, they have been stuck for some time)

4 comments:

Julie said...

I'm not familiar with the 17 rules. I shall have to do some research. I like the colourway you've used and it works well.

Susanne (flicKwerk) said...

Love the colours (and I'm happy you're still with us...). Me too, I know nothing about this 17 rules, but they seem to bring good results. Looking forward to see your other pieces

Elke Schwarzer said...

Das sieht wunderschön aus!
Das mit der Schlehe fand ich auch komisch in dem Buch. Die wird eigentlich sonst nicht leichtfertig empfohlen. Ich glaube nicht, dass der Auto antworten wird und die Schlehe erklären, andere haben das schon mal getan.
VG
Elke

Jenny said...

Elke
May I have a translation please? I can understand some of it but my German isn't up to an accurate rendition.