A group of internet artists from all over the place who have decided to give each other a challenge every few weeks, on a theme chosen by each in turn. We have different ideas and styles, but share a love of textiles, and want to have some fun.


Sunday 17 March 2013

THE STATE WE'RE IN

I was wondering what was happening to the group as well.  No-one knows whose in & whose out. People seemed to be leaving withough saying so & it appears to me that the ship is rudderless & without a captain.  Who is in charge?

MY OBSERVATIONS
1)  I have found from the start that the blog is organised in a confusing & unnecessarily complex way.  There is no e-mail contact given so what do prospective members do if they are interested in joining?  The profiles are unnecessary in this form (mine was never put on the site properly anyway).  The Challenge Gallery does not exist (at least, the pictures are crossed out on my computer).

2)  I think the idea of getting each member in turn to set a Challenge was a good one but thw timescale was too short to  finish new piece on a regular basis  Three months or so per Challenge would have been better & work in progress should be acceptable.  I take a long time to formulate my ideas & design my work before even starting to make it in fabric.

3)  I believe that if if we are to stay in play then the whole project has to be reformed & that a Yahoo group is the easiest to set up & manage - inded, I don't know why this wasn't the format from the start  We could talk to each other through it & others could join by application.  I don't think that I have the skills to do this but if someone else were to take it on they would have my full support.

4)  Perhaps we could start with a 'roll call' of whose in?

Over now to whoever else is paying attention!

Jenny

2 comments:

Susanne (flicKwerk) said...

Jenny, I totally agree with your observations about the ship without a captain! But as long as no one is going to take this part I'm not seeing a future for the group. At it seems that not too many people are interested.

Blümchen said...

Hello - I would like to do next with the group - in any way whatsoever.
Be it here in the blog or in a Yahoo group.

Yet I have no direct access to this blog - to set up previously by Frauke.

Please excuse my faulty English.

I observe further, how - and if - it goes on!
Let me know.

Do we already have a new topic?

Greetings Luitgard